Best ECO Resorts of Asia
Asia is full of majestic beaches and natural wonders. From rich culture to fantastic travel destinations, This largest continent has everything for everyone.
Over Asia, hotels and resorts have ramped up actions to offset the carbon footprints. Southeast Asia leads the green revolution with amazing eco-resorts and luxury green hotels.
For sustainable tourism, the initiative of green & eco-friendly hotels is very crucial.
Before Diving into the list of your next Green Adventure, have your essential rundown on what green hotels are & why they matter.
What are Green Hotels?
Green hotels are the initiative to save water, reduce solid waste, and save energy. They are environment-friendly and eco-sustainable.
Why is an Eco-Friendly Hotel Important?
Eco-Friendly hotels are essential because they try to reduce the impact of nature’s damage caused by the emission of GreenHouse gasses.
Green Hotels focus on more trees rather than opting for a central cooling system or air conditioning. It is a long-term investment to save the environment for the younger generation.
Now, check our Top 10 Green Hotels list in Asia for your next green adventure.
|Hotel Name||Top Feature|
|Banyan Tree Phuket||Best Service, Affordable Price, Suspicious Size|
|La Residence d’Angkor||Yummy Food, Lush Greenery, Cultural Beauty|
|NIHI Watu||Most Sustainable, Top Accommodation, Travel+Leisure|
|The Oberai Amarvillas||Luxurious Green Hotel, Tasty Cuisine, Royal Service|
|Popa Mountain Resort||Pocket-Friendly, Amazing View, Sustainable|
|Soneva Fushi Resort||Finest Cuisine, Comfortable Villas, ECO-Resort|
|Tanjung Sanctuary Langkawi||Calmness, Most Green Hotel, Top Class Service|
|Anantara Golden Resort & Spa||Environment-Friendly3-Countries Views, Ethical|
|Alila Ubud Resort||No Solid Waste, Pollution Free, Affordable|
|Blue Lotus||Simple yet Classy, Jungle View, Amazing Cuisine|
Editors Top Pick. -The Oberoi Amarvilas, India
We fall in the spell of The Oberoi Amarvilas, India. The Ammarvillas of Agra have so much to offer its visitors. The rooms are suspicious and give a majestic view of the Taj Mahal. Service is top class & hygiene standards are second to none.
From delicious food to historic landmarks, this green hotel of Asia awaits you – In the shadow of the Taj.
Eco Friendly & Sustainable: ★★★★☆
Value of money: ★★★★★
Hygiene Standards: ★★★★★
Fall in love with the lush green gardens & opal emerald serenity pools. Escape into the green exquisite of Thailand.
Explore the magnificent beauty of local culture while staying in Phuket Banyan Tree.
Phuket Banyan Tree ranks among the World’s best eco-hotels with luxuries. With over 7000 trees, this eco-friendly hotel provides the best views.
While staying here, you can enjoy traditional Thai, Asian & International cuisine.
How Far is Banyan Tree Phuket from the Airport?
It is located only 16 KM or almost a 30-minutes drive away from Phuket International Airport.
How far is the beach from Phuket Banyan Tree?
Banyan Tree Eco Hotel is just 5 minutes walk away from the beach. Some of the Phuket serenity pool villas offer the best beach Sunsets views.
1. Things to do in Banyan Tree, Thailand
Here is the list of accommodations & activities that visitors can enjoy while exploring lush green resorts.
- Spa & Gallery.
- Fitness Center and Gym.
- Swimming Pool.
- Golf & Recreational Activities.
- Rental Bicycle.
- Tennis Courts.
- Weddings (Can be arranged for love birds)
- Wellbeing Center.
- Lagoon Activities.
2. What to do in Banyan Tree Phuket?
Apart from the recreational activities, guests can enjoy the Beach sunset or beach walk. Expats in the banyan tree can also take free rides.
Foreigners staying in this sustainable resort can also enjoy the tuk-tuk rides to the old city. While staying here, you can also enjoy the traditional nightlife of Thailand.
3. Booking Options for Banyan Tree Phuket, Thailand
1. Banyan Pool Villa – Your Little Heaven.
- Perfect for 2 Persons.
- With 170 sqm, it comes with an outdoor bathtub.
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee & WiFi.
Staying Price: 11900 THB/357$ (Per Night)
2. Grand Two-Bedrooms Pool Villa – Home Away From Home
- Designed for a Family of 4.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Private jet & swimming pool.
- Outdoor Shower & Thai Sala.
Staying Price: 21,350 TBH/640$ (Per Night)
3. Two Bedrooms Double Pool Villa – Fall in Love all over.
- Lagoon View.
- Personal Host.
- Designed for a Family of 4.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Private Infinity pool.
Staying Price: 50,000 THB/1500$ (Per Night)
How many Villas are in Phuket Bunyan Tree?
There are 179 luxury villas and private rooms in the Bunyan luxury hotel. Guests can choose the Room they love from four or five luxury pool villas.
Address: Tambon Choeng Thale, Amphoe Thalang, Chang Wat Phuket 83110, Thailand.
Phone# +66 76 372 400
If you are looking for the perfect blend of Culture, History & Luxury at an affordable price, then indeed La Residence is the right green hotel for you.
Enjoy the warm welcome as you arrive and enter the green oasis of peace and tropical flowers.
Discover Angor and make memories; enjoy the fantastic Cambodian cuisine during your stay here.
Siem reap is an absolute gateway to ancient & modern culture.
With 114 Restaurants and 30 Attractions within 0.3 miles of the property, La Residence indeed got everything you are looking for.
How Far is La Residence d’Angkor from the Airport?
The green resort property is just 9.6 km or 15 minutes away from Siem Reap International Airport.
Is La Residence Cambodia safe for Tourists?
Cambodia is completely safe & secure for international tourists. Even with minor issues, La Residence d’Angkor Cambodia is safe for American Citizens.
1. Things to do in La Residence d’Angkor
Explore the hidden gem & best green hotel of Asia with a fantastic sunrise over Angkor Wat.
Here are a few other things to enjoy while staying in Belmond La Residence.
- Lost into the beauty of the nearby Khmer Temple.
- Scenic cycle ride to Wat Bo District.
- Buy authentic local products at low prices.
- Visit Kandel Village, which is 2 minutes away from the Residence.
- Explore the city’s Artistic Heart.
- Enjoy the world-famous Phare Cambodian Circus.
- Escape to Tonle Sap Lake and dive into rural life.
- Track the beautiful ancient Temples with overgrown trees.
2. Booking Options for La Residence d’Angkor
- Junior Suits – On Budget…! We Got You.
- One King Size Bed or Two Single Beds.
- Fresh Tropical Fruits and Flowers.
- Luxury Toiletries.
- Private Terrace & Bathtub.
- Deluxe Studio Suits – Just as You Like it.
- Standing Bath & Private Walk-in Rain Shower.
- Private Garden Terrace.
- In-Suite Check-In.
- Mini-Bar & Complimentary Bottled Water.
- Widescreen LCD with wireless internet.
- One Bedroom Poolside Suits – Sweet Heaven.
- Suspicious Space.
- Oversized bathtubs and separate walk-in showers.
- Mini Bar, Tropical Fruits & Flowers.
- Private Garden Terrace.
- In-Suite Check-In.
What is the cost of living in Belmond Hotel La Residencia, Cambodia?
There is no actual fixed price of a villa per night. Generally, the prices of rooms vary in different seasons.
Expats or Foreigners should consider paying or spending a minimum of $200 – $250 per day while exploring Asia with Belmond.
Address: River Road Siem Reap, 93101, Cambodia.
Phone# +855 63 963 390
Want to experience the majestic life of Kings? Then NIHI SAMBA, with its RAJA & MAHARAJA suits, is the perfect place for you.
From private villas, veranda, restaurants & culture lessons, NIHIWatu is an edge on wildness Because it’s all about Travel + Leisure.
NIHIWatu is currently the best Resort in the World for two consecutive years. You will fall in the spell of this green hotel within a glance.
Lush green beauty will soothe you & the torque-colored water will work perfectly for you.
How many Villas NIHI Samba own?
NIHI Samba has 28 perfectly designed villas with private pools. Visitors can choose a room from a wide range of villas, i.e., TreeHouse Villa, Puncak Suite, or Raja Palace.
How many popular attractions are close to NIHI Samba?
There are plenty of nearby popular food and cultural attractions near NIHI by Chris Bruch. Finas, Cozy Beach Club & Ombak Restaurants are some of the best eateries nearby.
Guests of hotels also have access to Marusi Beach, Watu Bela, Rau & Karewee Beach. These beaches are only 2 minutes’ walk away from the resort.
1. Things to do in NIHIWatu, Samba
The first rule of NIHI is leisure & party hard. Apart from enjoyment, you can also donate to philanthropy work supported by the best green hotel in the World.
Here are a few other recreational activities you can do while enjoying your stay here.
- Live your life at full pace while Riding Horse on Beach.
- Test your Golf skills & be a little golfish.
- Reclaim your calm by spending time in Spa and Wellness Center.
- Taste the authentic cuisine.
- Adventure of Mountain Biking.
- Fulfill your dream of Spa Safari.
- Nishioka track and Breakfast in Style.
- Lost in the beauty of Blue WaterFall Trek nearby.
- Rock the party at Beach Club.
2. Booking Options for NIHI Samba Island
How many room types are available at NIHI Samba, Indonesia?
There are five types of suits available in NIHI Sumba.
- Ocean Front Suite.
- Family Estate.
- Non-Smoking Rooms.
- Deluxe Suits.
- Luxury Tree Huts.
What is the price of a one-bedroom villa at NIHI?.
The average price of a one-bedroom villa starts from $895 and gradually rises with high facilities to $2895 for Raja Manrrja Duplex per night.
What is the price of a two-bedroom villa at NIHI Samba?
The average price of a two-bedroom villa starts from $2445 and gradually rises with high facilities to $8100 for Raja Mandaka.
3 Bedroom Mamole Tree House comes at the luxury of $6045.
Address: Hoba Wawi, Wanokaka, West Sumba Regency, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Phone# +62 811 397 8550
Located just 600 ft away from the World’s most significant testimony of love, The Oberai Amarvillas is the luxury refined in the shadow of the Taj Mahal.
Have your dreamy walk in the shadow of moonlight while falling in love with Mughal Era majestic wonder.
All the possibilities meet under one roof at this best green hotel in Asia. You will fall in love with its Exquisite Building, Sunny Garden & Abstract Floor Patterns.
Besides its scenery and lush green beauty, also dine under the stars and fall in love all over again to renew your vows here.
How Big is Amarvilas Agra?
The Amarvillas of Agra are comprised of 9 acres. Apart from the hotel building, it consists of a lush green sustainable garden, Pool, Veranda & Pavilions.
1. Things to do in The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra
As you step into the hotel, be ready to gasp over the fragment of gulchandi and jasmine.
Besides falling in love with rich subcontinent culture, there are plenty of things to explore:
- Visit the Taj Mahal and explore the language of romance.
- Enjoy the taste of India served by your special butler.
- Lost into Translation of serenity while visiting the gardens.
- Escape from the World and swim under the stars.
- Have a Private Balcony Dinner insight of Taj.
- Enjoy the message that lasts for 3 hours.
- Renew your wedding vows.
- Quick shopping from local Agra Market.
- Learn the language of love by Birds Chirping for you at Dawn.
Have a Look at this jewel of Agra.
How many popular attractions are close to Obrai’s Amarvilas Agra?
There are almost 20 popular tourist attractions near Ammarvillas of Agra. Apart from the Taj Mahal, foreigners can visit Hindu Temples and famous Muslim landmarks nearby.
2. Booking Options for The Amarvilas of Agra
- Room Features.
- 24 Hours of Air conditioning
- Mughal Palace Designs
- Expansive Windows with View
- Walk-in Closet
- Crafted Bed Linen
- Private Balcony
- Flat Screen LED
- In-Room Dining with Separate Butler Door
How many Rooms do The Obrai’s Ammarvillas of Agra have?
There are 102 wide and unmistakably rooms & suites available for travelers in the Ammarvillas of Agra.
What is the price range of the Obrai’s Ammarvilla of Agra?
The average price of a room starts from $400 to $450. The duplex suites are more expensive.
Address: Taj East Gate Rd, Paktola, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001, India
Phone# +91 562 223 1515
If you are looking for the World’s greenest hotel, the Popa Mountain Resort is the perfect pick for you.
This eco-friendly resort is surrounded by lush green trees with the most peaceful views.
Explore the traditional Myanmar culture with authentic cuisine & wake up every day in a room with a view.
Popa Mountain Hotel is taking steps to reduce plastic usage by promoting biodegradable products. That puts it in the 5th spot of the best green hotels in Asia.
1. Things to do in Popa Mountain Green Resort
Hotels are all about location, cuisine & luxury. This sustainable hotel is the perfect blend of harmony.
When in Popa Resort, enjoy doing these things:
- Enjoy the traditional Myanmar culture.
- Hike on Mount Popa.
- Forget your worries and have a soothing massage.
- Please yourself and go to the spa.
- Plant trees at Organic Farm nearby.
- Horse Riding.
- Get a little tipsy.
2. Booking Options for The Popa Mountain Resort
The excellent green resort of popa mountain offers a discount on early booking. There are three types of luxury room options for travelers.
- Deluxe Garden View – A Haven for Two.
- Suspicious Space.
- Comfortable King Size Bed.
- Room With a View.
- Free WiFi.
- Luxury Toiletries & Much More.
- Deluxe Taung Kallat View – Green Oasis.
- Comfort with Luxury.
- King Size Bed.
- In-Room Service.
- Taung Kalat View.
- Superior Garden View – All Dreams Do Come True.
- Ritzy Experience.
- Ceramic Garden View.
- Widescreen Flat Screens.
- Superior Room Service.
- Mini-Bar & Toiletries.
- Authentic Cultural furniture.
Address: Mount Popa, KyaukPadaung Township, Mandalay Division, Myanmar
Phone# (+95 9) 402760884 , (+95 9) 8600 660
Soneva Fushi Resort is the best hidden tropical gem of the Maldives. Here you can see all the shades of life at a slower pace.
Dive into the crystal clear water, reflecting the fantastic shades of Opal Green, Emerald, and every blue color.
Enjoy your Beach Walk and lose yourself as the time melts. Experience the delight of Sun Rise and have a Golden Shower in the majestic SunSet.
Soneva Fushi Resort & Six Senses is fighting against environmental pollution. With the policy of “No News, No Shoes,” it is the cleanest green hotel in the Maldives.
Are Pets Allowed at Soneva Fushi Resort?
Soneva Fushi Resort, Maldives, has a No Pets Policy.
How far is the Soneva Fushi Resort & Six Senses Spa from the Airport?
Soneva Fushi is just 30 minutes away from Male International Airport by Seaplane.
1. Things to do at Soneva Fushi Resort by Six Senses
From Family fun to couple romance, this green eco-hotel has so much to offer. Here are a few other things you can enjoy while making your memories there.
- Long Beach Walks.
- Enjoy the cocktails.
- Bicycling around the Island.
- Watch a Movie at the Beach Cinema.
- Water Slide Ride.
- Count the Stars at night under the Glowing Sky.
- See the Dolphin Cruises.
- Visit Spa & Wellness Center.
- Adventures Surfing.
- Yummy Cuisine Testing.
Want to visit this amazing island more, have a quick look at the Best Beaches of Maldives, and enjoy life at full pace sanely.
2. Dining Options
While enjoying the tasty cuisine, guests have various options to choose from.
- A meal in the Air – Flying Saucer.
- Have a Culinary Affair while enjoying the International Cuisine out of the blue.
- Enjoy the Overseas Taste by celebrated chef Mathies Dhalgren.
- The Crab Shack – Sea Nectar.
- Dine-in Green Garden over pearl white Sand.
3. Booking Options for Soneva Fushi Resort & Six Senses
Soneva Fushi has 63 beachfront villas and eight water retreats. Water villas with slides and condos are available for your stay.
Visitors can choose any villa or hut according to their needs and budget. All the rooms are examples of luxury redefined.
How expensive is the Soneva Resort?
The price range of the most petite villa starts at $3000 per night. Prices can vary with the number of rooms in a villa. A beachfront hut with eight rooms can cost $20,000 per night.
Address: Kunfunadhoo Island, Eydhafushi, Maldives
Phone# +960 660-0304
Located on a private beach, Tanjung Sanctuary Langkawi gives an impression of Rain Forest at a glance.
Gasp over the top class service, fantastic food, heavenly scenery & much more while staying here. Hospitality Going Green is very important & economical.
How Far is the Nearest International Airport from Tanjung Sanctuary Resort?
Langkawi International Airport is only 6.8 km away from the Tanjung Green Resort.
What are some popular attractions situated near Tanjung Sanctuary?
There are 161 Restaurants & 31 Visitors Attractions located within 5 miles of this hotel. Here are some of the best attractions situated near it:
- Langkawi Sky Bridge – 2.9 miles away.
- Art in Paradise – 1.8 miles away.
- Telaga Tujuh Waterfall – 1.9 miles away.
- Breizh Up – A French Eatery at Walking Distance.
1. Things to do at Tanjung Sanctuary, Malaysia
Enjoy living life at full while staying here and make beautiful memories doing sane things insanely for the coming years.
- Dine & Wine at Verandah Lounge.
- Lost into the Paradise of Art.
- Enjoy the stunning views of the Andaman Sea while Swimming.
- Play Afternoon Beach Volleyball in Baywatch Style.
- Exhale the Stress of Cooperate Life by having a Malaysian message.
2. Booking Options Available at Tanjung Sanctuary Langkawi
How many Rooms Does Tanjung Sanctuary Langkawi have?
The Eco-Friendly Tanjung Sanctuary Resort has 32 beautifully designed villas offering Three Settings. I.e., By the Beach, On a hilltop & Facing the Sea.
3. Room Features at Tanjung Sanctuary
- King Size Bed.
- Writing Table for you to write nature’s poetry.
- Living area with wide Screen & Sofas.
- International Call option.
- Tea & Coffee making Set.
Address: 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia.
Phone# +60 4-959 1033
Roam into the tranquil jungle of three countries’ views. Anantara Resort is one of the finest Chiang Rai Hotels.
Jungle adventures await hare for you, and luxury yet simple life makes you forget the corporate city life.
Party hard at night and wake up to majestic sunrise between the Laos Mountains.
How can Visitors get to the Anantara Golden Resort?
Travel through the private car after landing at the international Chaing Rai Airport. The distance between the two locations is 68.4 km.
Is Anantara Golden Resort & Spa ethical?
Anantara Golden Triangle Resort is the only place in Thailand where you ethically interact with the kingdom’s Elephants.
Nature Awaits Here, Escape to Real Life & Fall in Love all over…again.
1. Things to do at Anantara Resort & Spa Golden Triangle
- Enjoy the night in Jungle Bubble.
- Find an Elephant right next to your Bubble after a Jungle Night.
- Explore Elephant Bar & Opium terrace.
- Master the art of Thai cuisine at Spice Spoons.
- Have lavish dining by design in stunning settings.
- Visit Spa & Wellness Center.
- Play with Elephants.
- Have a Wild Romance and say “I Do” in the heart of Lanna Jungle.
2. Available Booking Options at Anantara Resort
- Rooms and Suites.
- Deluxe Three Country View Room.
- Three Country View Suite.
- Three Country View family Suits.
- Nature Nights.
- Jungle Bubble.
- Bubble Lodge.
How many Rooms does Anantara Resort and Golden Spa have?
With an amazing view of three countries and the Mekong River, there are 77 beautifully designed rooms at Anantara Resort & Golden Resort.
Address: 229, Wiang, Chiang Saen District, Chiang Rai 57150, Thailand.
Phone# +66 53 784 084
Just beautiful like its name, Alila Ubud Resort is a heaven on Earth. It is the best green Hotel in Asia that was awarded for recycling 80% of water consumption.
With a stunning view of Bali and an exceptional lifestyle, experience all blessings of life here.
It is located along the Ayung River Valley and is designed as a Balinese village.
You’ll find a personal touch in everything here from Room to Decore.
1. Things to do at Alila Ubud Resort
Explore more while living at this green hotel of Asia.
- Dive into the Infinity Pool.
- Adopt the taste of Indonesian cuisine.
- Only that what they shared wasn’t happiness, but hideous grief.
- Enjoy the Sustainable Cocktails.
- Explore the Wild Wild West of Bali.
- Art for Peace practice.
- Visit Cultural landmarks nearby.
- Dance loosely at Cabana lounge.
2. Popular attractions nearby are Alila Ubud Resort
- Tegalalang Rice Terrace.
- Sacred Monkey Forest.
- J.J Bali.
When in Bali, why not live at full pace and explore the Kuta. Kuta is all about Fun & Fun. Have a quick look at our list of Best Hotels in Kuta, Bali.
3. Booking Options at Alila Ubud Resort
Various room options are available to enjoy your stay here. Bali is already famous for its beauty.
- Superior Room with a view.
- Deluxe Villa to make you feel at home.
- Valley Villa.
- Pool Villa.
- Terrace Tree Villa.
- Forest Edge Room.
- Family Lodge with Two Bedrooms.
What is the cost of living at Alila Ubud, Bali?
The price of staying at Alila Ubud starts typically from $90 to $100 per night, excluding tax. Prices may vary in busy seasons.
Address: Desa, Melinggih Kelod, Payangan, Gianyar Regency, Bali 80572, Indonesia.
Phone# +62 361 975963
Just beautiful like its name, Lotus Hotel Hua Hin is truly an amazing green adventure awaiting you.
Located just 25 km away from the heavenly district of Pranburi. In the mid-90s, Hua Hin became the first resort town to attract the Royal Family and Tourists around the globe.
Blue Lotus is surrounded by lush green trees and fields as far as sight.
Find your inner peace and connect to “Real” life while enjoying your vacation Here.
1. Things to do at Blue Lotus Resort
Apart from learning the Thai Culture and enjoying the tasty cuisine, try the below-listed things too:
- Test your Sportsmanship playing Tennis at four hard Tennis Courts.
- Play pickleball.
- Dive into SurfSkate Park.
- Have La La Land-style romance while cycling around the bushy trees.
- Test your Archery Skill.
- Enjoy Beach VolleyBall.
- Check-in to the Spa & Wellness Center of Blue Lotus.
- Roam Wildly into Bai Bua Children’s Club.
Hua Hin is also one of the Best Places to live in Thailand. Enjoy your Royal stay at this green & sustainable resort and live at the edge of wildness.
2. Booking Options at Blue Lotus Hua Hin
Here is the list of accommodations with every villa awaiting foreigners at the Heart of Thailand.
- Suspicious Rooms.
- King Size Bed.
- Wide Screen LCD.
- Crisp White Interior.
- Access to the Pool.
- Toiletries & Complimentary Water.
3. What are Room & Villas options available at Blue Lotus Hua Hin?
- Standard Room.
- Pool Villa.
- Deluxe Studio.
- Seaview Studio.
- Studio Garden Room.
- Family Studio.
How much does it Cost to spend a night at Blue Lotus Resort of Hua Hin?
The price range of Blue Lotus is very considerable. Usually, it costs $70 to $75 a night. The prices may vary depending on the busy season.
Address: 9 หมู่ที่ 5 Pak Nam Pran Rd, Pak Nam Pran, Pran Buri District, Prachuap Khiri Khan 77220, Thailand.
Phone# +66 32 632 111
Eco-Friendly Hotels & Resorts are very crucial. The green revolution is essential for sustainability, and no doubt Asian Hotels are leading with Example.